Manifesto: “A published verbal declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer, be it an individual, group, or government.”
As For Me and My House: A Manifesto
We have Jesus attitude: “You must have the same attitude that Jesus had” Phil. 2:5 NIV
- Attitude is everything. Attitude is the road we need to drive our vehicles of life on. What kind of road will you drive on? Smooth pavements? Dirt roads? Through pot holes? Paul gave us the smooth road that Jesus takes in Philippians 2. “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.”
We give our best: “Whatever you do, do your work with all your heart, as for the Lord rather than for men” Colossians 3:23
- If you are gonna clean your room, do it right, do your best. Don’t throw everything in the closet and call it a day.
We go above and beyond: “The greatest among you shall be the servant, and do good with out expecting something in return” Matt 23:11 & Luke 6:35.
- If you clean your room, how about we check if any other rooms need a little tiding up. If you make yourself breakfast, make some for your brothers and sisters. Go beyond whats expected.
We Treat others the way we want to be treated: “Treat others the same way you want them to treat you” Luke 6:31
- The “Golden Rule” is the first social lesson taught in daycare and Pre-K. Sadly, seems like many of us forget that lesson. Imagine a world where this was actually lived out? I mean, wow! This is true social revolution. This is how real world peace and love would be achieved. We can at least start in our own lives. In our own world around us.
Who is the Boss?: “Children, be obedient to your parents in everything, for this is well pleasing to the Lord” Colossians 3:20
- The bible also says “difficult times” will come. “Perilous” Times. In describing such times where men become so evil, Paul writes, “Children disobedient to parents” is among them. This is serious stuff.
We always say our prayers: “Pray without ceasing” 1 Thes 5:17
- Pray when you wake up. Pray before you eat. Pray at bedtime. Pray for the sick. Pray all the time.
We always say our thank you’s: “Give thanks in ALL circumstances” 1 Thes 5:18
- Being grateful is one of the most difficult things to learn in life. It even takes some of us into adulthood to learn this virtue.
We Love God. We Love People: “Jesus said to them, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all you mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is similar, you shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Matt 22:36-40